Dear Friends, Family, Members, Volunteers and Supporters of Cracker Box Palace, In early 2011, Cracker Box Palace achieved ownership of Alasa Farms, the historic Shaker Farm that it has leased for the past several years.
This was an amazing feat in its own right, with help coming from what seemed to be all over New York and the U.S.! Now the staff and volunteers of Cracker Box Palace are looking forward to the ‘hard work’ and have set some lofty goals again to ‘grow our farm’ and start working on the vision first conceived when developing the business plan for the future to make Cracker Box Palace and Alasa Farms a self sustaining entity that would continue to serve its community with much broader services.
With this in mind, the Cracker Box Palace fundraising volunteers have come up with a new fundraiser called “Seed Money” to invite over 2000 people to consider making a donation of $20.11 to help grow the farm and produce a wonderful new harvest of improvements, programs and more services here at Cracker Box Palace.
Our goal is to raise $50,000 by this fall to put in our ‘Seeds’ needed to sow, grow and harvest the future programs and improvements….
- Youth Program Development
- Animal Service Expansion and Training, including adding a few more stalls for the horses, pens and additional space for the other farm animals and training for our animal service folk and Large Animal Response Team members.
- Fencing and Barn Repair
- Building Restoration including painting our barns
- Trail and Camp Site Development
- Community Garden Project
- Animal Assisted Therapy Program
- Endowment Fund
- Staff Development creating a regular and trained paid staff on the farm
Please make donations payable to:
Cracker Box Palace – Seed Money!
PO Box 174,
Alton, NY 14413
or payments can be made online here.
Cracker Box Palace is a registered 501©3 not for profit organization and tax deduction receipts may be requested. As always, we want to thank everyone that has supported Cracker Box Palace’s endeavors in the past and hope to continue to make you all proud of the work we provide here at the farm and shelter in the future. Thank Ewe All!